Did you know that 25% of the top sites on the Internet are built using WordPress? This includes The New Yorker, Fortune.com, and Reuters.com, to name a few. It's user-friendly, code-free and ideal for anyone looking to launch a website on a budget.
Businesses of all sizes rely on WordPress to bring their products and services to life. In this workshop you will learn how to setup, build, and deploy a WordPress site to the web. You'll leave the workshop being able to create pages, install plugins, add widgets, and much more.
What You'll Learn
- Overview of the WordPress platform
- Installing WordPress
- Navigating the WordPress dashboard and features
- Adding a custom theme
- Plugin installation
- WooCommerce/BuddyPress to add eCommerce functionality to your online shop
What You'll Get
- Solid understanding of main functionality and features, as well as additional resources & readings
- Hands-on, interactive learning experience with an industry expert
- Catered lunch
What To Bring
Please bring a laptop and charger
Educator, Web Development
Steve is an experienced front end web developer who is a firm believer of functional design and usability. He has worked on a number of projects and companies such as Lambda Solutions and Best Buy after completing his Computer Science degree. Steve stays immersed in the latest trends in front end development and works to deliver industry standard skills to aspiring developers.