We spoke with Nicole to learn how she’s used social media to grow her brand presence and build a community.
Last week, Jaclyn and Trevor from VEGA talked to our community about Influencer Marketing and VEGA’s Digital Advocacy Program. Read on to learn more about their talk.
First things first, what is digital advocacy? People call it many things: influencer marketing, brand ambassador programs, word of mouth marketing. VEGA calls it Digital Advocacy and defines it as “marketing that aims at specific key individuals as opposed to demographically based categories.”
Here’s why you should be interested in influencer marketing:
- It’s the fastest growing online marketing channel
- 75% of marketers currently use influencer marketing
- 59% of marcomm professionals plan to use influencer marketing in 2016
- 52% of brands have stand-alone budgets for sponsored social content
What are the benefits? Digital Advocacy can help you to build brand awareness, educate your community about your brand, boost your social following.
The power of referral:
- 60% of new product trail comes from referrals.
- 95% of consumers trust recommendations from others, even people they don’t know, over branded content.
“Creating real relationships & experiences that inspire people to live their best life” VEGA
How to build a Digital Advocacy Program:
- Use a tailored approach to building real relationships with influencers
- Set goals & KPIs
- Find your target consumer
- Know what you’re asking for: how much time is required by you and by them
Some considerations on Paid vs. Earned:
- Ensure real relationships come first
- Look at opportunities before cost
- You get what you pay for
- Pay someone, but only if it’s part of a bigger relationship opportunity
Inspired to learn more? Check out BrainStation’s Digital Marketing course.