This evening the BC Innovation Council (BCIC) and New Ventures BC announced the 2015 winners of the biggest technology startup competition for B.C.’s emerging innovators.
The $100K First Prize was awarded to Vancouver’s Edvisor.io.
A graduate of TechStars NYC, Edvisor.io is the first end-to-end platform that directly connects schools that recruit internationally with the education agencies that sell their programs.
Schools currently recruit international students by marketing their programs in an ad-hoc, low-tech way, through education agencies located in the student’s home country.
Edvisor.io distributes school offerings globally to agencies and centralize enrolments from agents to schools.
The additional 2015 BCIC-New Ventures Competition winners are:
- $55,000 BCIC Second Prize: North Vancouver’s Ziva Dynamics
- $37,000 BCIC Third Prize: Vancouver’s Change Heroes
- $22,000 BCIC Resource Industry Prize: Stem Shock
- $20,000 BC Bioenergy Network Prize: Recycle Now
- $16,000 Vancity Social Venture Prize: Vancouver’s Change Heroes
- $10,000 City Innovation Prize: Recycle Now
- BCTIA Centre4Growth Prize: North Vancouver’s Dooly Noted
- Wavefront Wireless In-kind Package Prize: CamDo Solutions
- Plug and Play Prize Package: Vancouver’s Prollster