BrainStation has announced an expansion of its New York operations, including a 35,000-square-foot campus and a multi-year investment of over $20 million.
What Is Intro Day?
BrainStation’s Intro Day is a popular event series that gives aspiring students the opportunity to try our award-winning coding bootcamps for a day. Designed for those who are considering a new digital career, the day-long event features:
- Hands-on workshops led by industry-leading Educators
- The chance to hear from BrainStation bootcamp alumni
- A panel discussion from industry experts from our network of hiring companies
Why Attend Intro Day?
Intro Day is a unique chance to ‘try before you buy,’ allowing you to become a BrainStation bootcamp student for a day. Your fellow attendees are usually either researching bootcamp programs or in the middle of their BrainStation applications.
In addition to connecting with these like-minded professionals, you will:
- Learn about the program from people who have completed it
- Network with industry professionals and thought leaders
- Learn new skills, some of which will help you with the admissions challenge
Let’s take a closer look at the individual elements of Intro Day:
In our Intro Day workshops, you’ll step into the shoes of a BrainStation bootcamp student for a day, guided by our world-class Educators. Drawing on their years of industry experience at leading organizations, our Educators will deliver two interactive sessions that mirror the real bootcamp experience at BrainStation. You’ll learn the fundamentals of your chosen discipline, while getting a feel for our teaching style and curriculum.
The sessions will also challenge you to put what you’ve learned into practice, whether that’s:
- Beginning to write your own code
- Prototyping a digital solution
- Analyzing a data set
- Unpacking a digital customer journey for a well-known brand
BrainStation Alumni Panel
The Intro Day alumni panel is your opportunity to hear firsthand from professionals who have completed a BrainStation bootcamp and successfully transitioned into their new career.
During this session, our alumni share the details of their learning experiences, discuss their final bootcamp projects, and describe how BrainStation’s Career Support Program assisted them during the job search process.
This is the time to ask your questions about the day-to-day schedule of a BrainStation bootcamp student and envision what you can achieve as a graduate of one of our bootcamp programs.
Industry Partner Panel
In a typical industry partner panel discussion, our speakers touch on:
- Tech industry trends
- Career paths in emerging digital fields
- Their experiences working at global companies
- The skills their companies are looking for
The session is designed to give attendees the opportunity to hear about the tech industry from experts at cutting-edge global brands. Previous industry partner panels have included professionals from companies such as:
Are Coding Bootcamps Worth It?
Coding bootcamps are an increasingly worthwhile investment for aspiring Web Developers (and Software Engineers). The coding bootcamp market is projected to reach USD 889.37 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 10.70 percent from 2019 to 2026.
Coding bootcamps are popular because they are short, immersive, and focused on outcomes and employment – their goal is to develop job-ready skills. It’s clear that they’re succeeding.
Benefits of choosing a coding bootcamp include:
- Cost. Attending a coding bootcamp is certainly affordable in comparison to a four-year computer science college degree.
- Focus on modern languages and frameworks. These programs tend to have an edge over traditional college programs in one important area: flexibility. They tend to adjust their curricula often to ensure students are getting the most up-to-date education possible.
- Immersive environment. These programs are laser-focused on getting you up and running as a Developer.
- Networking opportunities. Intensive web development programs can help you begin to build out your professional network as you begin pursuing your new career.
Want more information about Intro Day? Book a call with a Learning Advisor to discuss your professional goals.