Eight Canadian Startups Head to the Big Apple for CTA@NYC
This fall the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service’s Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program will host eight promising Canadian-based startups at General Assembly’s New York campus.
The companies participating in CTA@NYC began a communal membership at General Assembly’s innovation campus in early September. During the three-month program CTA@NYC will help provide support and access to mentors and business and investor opportunities in New York.
The six members of the cohort and two ambassador companies are:
- Wantering is a fashion search tool that allows shoppers to discover and buy clothing across a curated list of boutiques and major retailers all in one place.
- Guestful is an online reservation API for restaurants search & discovery apps.
- Live Insite is a human approach to influencing customer behavior.
- BRIKA offers an online shopping experience that celebrates modern craft by featuring the work of authentic makers, artisans and designers.
- Crowdsourced Testing provides crowdsourced software testing services to web, software, mobile app and video game developers.
- Loose Button helps consumers better discover, try and purchase quality beauty and lifestyle products through a unique experience.
- PetroFeed (ambassador) is a network that collects, connects and opens access to the world’s petroleum and natural gas resources and the people who commercialize them.
- Cream HR (ambassador) allows you to spend your recruitment budget more strategically and effectively while coming away with the best hires possible.
“We’re thrilled to be chosen to participate in CTA@NYC. Having launched our fashion search engine this summer, we’re excited to continue connecting with the New York City fashion, technology and investor communities as we grow on this momentum,” said Matt Friesen, co-founder and CEO of Wantering. “There is no substitute for the connections that we’ll get from CTA@NYC,” said Friesen. “For us, New York City is the centre of the universe.”
CTA@NYC offers more than just an opportunity for startups to fast-track network-building and mentorship. The program represents the growth and need for acceleration for young Canadian-based companies, backed by support from the Canadian government. Access to multinational businesses, renowned investment firms and business networks make the experience invaluable.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator is recruiting the next six founders to join in NYC from December 4, 2013 to March 4, 2014. Apply online by October 6th to be considered.
CTA@NYC’s alumni network includes BusBud, Buyosphere, BuzzBuzzHome, Engagio, Frank & Oak, GreenOwl, Hovr.it, Mobovivo, Picatic, Pressly, SendToNews, ShinyAds, SpeakerFile, SweetIQ, Uken Games, Wedding Republic and more.