The BCTIA hosted their annual Technology Impacts Awards (TIAs) at the new Vancouver Convention Centre tonight and they were a sold-out affair.
Sierra Wireless was named Company of the Year and recognized for a phenomenal year that included developing the world’s first data devices for the HSPA+ standard, further penetrating the M2M market with the acquisition of Wavecom S.A., increasing their BC-based employees to 250 and, for the first time in company history, surpassing half a billion dollars in annual revenues.
The other award winners were:
- Leadership in Social Responsibility Award – TELUS
- Bill Thompson Award for career achievement – James Topham
- Most Promising Pre-Commercial Technology – Heart Force Medical Inc.
- Best Application of Technology – ACL Services Ltd.
- Excellence in Product Innovation – Sophos
- Most Promising Start-up – Energy Aware Technology Inc.
- Emerging Company of the Year – Elastic Path Software Inc.
- Team of the Year – Mixpo
- Person of the Year – Jonathan Rhone, President and CEO, Nexterra Energy Corp.
Congrats to the finalists, winners, and to the BCTIA for hosting a great event.