While Knowlton Thomas named the iPhone and iPad apps of the year in an article last month, I thought we’d take a look at Android apps which seem to cater to a different non-obsessed Apple consumer who is most likely to have a Samsung smartphone.
You won’t see “paid apps” until the 65th and 67th spots respectively in the list which are the $71.39 Navigon GPS Feature and the $19.99 NHLGameCenter Premium.
Check out the 10 most widely used Android apps in Canada according to AppBrain after the jump:
1) Bell Mobility Self Serve (2.72 User rating, 250,000+ downloads) – people check this all the time to make sure they’re not going over their smartphone monthly limit, I’m sure.
2) Bell TV Remote PVR (3.48 user average, 50,000-250,000 downloads) – users can set their personal video recorders with their smartphone!
3) CIBC Mobile Banking (3.55 rating, 50,000-250,000 downloads) – CIBC is leading the way in mobile banking in Canada.
4) Cineplex Mobile (4.13 rating, 50,000-250,000 downloads) – Check out the latest movies and showtimes.
5) Transit Now Toronto for TTC (4.68 rating, 10,000-50,000 downloads) – For TTC riders.
6) Canada Post Corporation (3.14 rating, 10,000-50,000 downloads) – For Canada Post needs.
7) GO Mobile (4.66 rating, 10,000-50,000 downloads) – Check your GO Train times in Toronto area.
8) Tim Hortons Finder (4.37 rating, 10,000-50,000 downloads) – Find a Tim Hortons.
9) My OC Transpo (3.99 rating, 10,000-50,000 downloads) – Ottawa Transit App.
10) Optik TV Remote Record (3.65 rating, 10,000-50,000 downloads) – TELUS Mobility HD PVR app.
For the complete rankings, click here.