We’re happy to announce the launch of the 2020 Digital Skills Survey!
Got an opinion on the state of the digital landscape? Here’s your chance to have your say.
What is the Digital Skills Survey?
Building on the success of the 2019 Digital Skills Survey, BrainStation is again surveying thousands of professionals and business leaders across industries to spot digital trends and gather insights into the day-to-day work experience of digital professionals and industry leaders.
“Our goal is to create a comprehensive, annual analysis of the digital landscape, which will help professionals and business leaders spot digital trends and prepare for the future,” said Jason Field, BrainStation’s Founder and CEO.
What the Survey Covers
The Digital Skills Survey covered six professional disciplines and functions:
These were then broken down further into four areas:
- Work experience
- Skills and tools
- Professional development
- Future trends
Results from the 2019 Digital Skills Survey
Key findings from the 2019 Digital Skills Survey include:
● 74 percent of organizations are involved in digital transformation.
● 50 percent of Executives said they’ll be doing the most hiring in development.
● 79 percent of Data Professionals did not start their career in data.
● 88 percent of Product Managers started their careers in a different field.
● Only 35 percent of Marketers work at a company that sells products online.
● 84 percent of Designers primarily design for the web.
You can read more about the results from 2019 here.
“The findings in 2019 illustrated the digital transformation happening across industries, and underscored the growth of fields like data science, user experience design, and product management, as well as the need for continued learning and skills training,” Field said.