BrainStation bootcamp graduates recently showcased their accomplishments and newly developed digital skills at our Virtual Demo Day.
Find out more about BrainStation’s User Interface Design course.
You know that feeling when you walk out of a really great job interview, or the feeling of walking out of your high school and being on summer vacation?
That’s the feeling I had when I left my final BrainStation class – it was a total high! It wasn’t that I was excited for the course to be finished, but rather that I was proud, accomplished, and looking forward to the next opportunity to improve my skills! It was a really fun feeling that I have not experienced in quite some time. Let’s just say it felt really great.
The course was challenging for me, as I had no background in design or Photoshop, but I managed to push through and learn a lot. Some evenings I questioned my decision to put myself back in school, but I kept reminding myself of that feeling I knew I would have at the end of the course. Keep going, don’t give up, and ask for help was what I kept saying to myself.
Here is a summary of my BrainStation experience!
What I Learned
- A LOT!
- How to create together a UI Library and Moodboard
- Where to find design inspiration; our teachers had all of the best resources to share with us, as experts in their field
- Designing pages for a mobile app and desktop
- Creating wordmarks, typefaces and buttons
- Prototyping our designs
How it was Taking a BrainStation Course
- Really fun, and enriching
- I loved taking advantage of the facilities; the classrooms, hanging out at Quantum coffee shop, and the use of their kitchen facility so that I could have dinner before class
- It was great to connect with fellow students and learn about their reasoning for taking the course
- I always looked forward to spending Tuesday evening in such an inspiring atmosphere
- Take some time to digest everything I just learned!
- Keep practicing so that I don’t ever lose my newly acquired skills
- Continue to attend the evening events, workshops and lunch and learns that are offered
- Get ready to enroll in my next class! I just haven’t decided which one is top priority yet