Web Development Course
Full-Time, 10 WeeksApply For Spring 2017 →
Get Course Package
We’ll send you course info, past projects & Educator details
Deep learning with 400 hours of in-class instruction, project work and collaboration.
Taught by Industry Leaders
Learn from experts who bring their real-world experience to every class.
Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio
Smaller class sizes make for a more interactive, collaborative learning experience.
Don’t just sit in front of a lecturer; hands-on learning allows you to work on real projects that matter to you.
What You'll Learn
- HTML5 HTML training to help you master the internet’s foundational language.
- CSS3 Use CSS3 to make your website standout by customizing your layout, appearance, and adding animations.
- Bootstrap Apply this modern front-end framework to easily create responsive sites on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- SASS & BEM Learn industry best practices for styling websites with CSS tools and methodologies.
- JQuery Use one of the web’s most popular libraries, jQuery, to add interactivity, animations, and dynamic changes to your webpage.
- ExpressJS Learn how to create back-end web apps using ExpressJS, a NodeJS web application framework.
- PostgreSQL + Sequelize Manage your web applications data using one of the most commonly used relational databases.
- MongoDB + Mongoose Learn the popular non-relational database MongoDB to get a broader understanding of database choices.
- RESTful APIs Learn how to use third-party APIs and how to build your own RESTful APIs to manage your app’s data needs.
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) Learn the basics of MVC architecture by creating server-side rendered web applications using ExpressJS.
- Component-based Architecture Create front-end apps in a component-based architecture using ReactJS and flux-esque state management libraries.
- Git Practice how to remotely manage your code and collaborate with developers in a team environment using industry software.
- NPM Access the world’s largest open source package management system to rapidly build new apps.
- Agile Software Development Learn the basics of the iterative approach to software development through group projects.
- Amazon AWS Use the most comprehensive deployment service to put your web applications online.
- Authentication & Authorization Integrate password encryption and user authentication with libraries such as Bcrypt and JWT.
- Secure Payment Systems Add Stripe to your app for real time, flexible, and secure payment processing.
The program prepares you for a career as a Junior Web Developer, Freelancer or Entrepreneur. It's an intensive, collaborative and rewarding learning experience where no two days are the same, and you’ll apply what you learn in real-time through project-based work.
Throughout the 10 weeks, you will learn cutting edge technologies based off of an adaptive curriculum that reflects industry standards. This ensures you will leave the program armed with the the skills and tools needed to navigate and succeed in the real-world.
Though the program is challenging (think long days and lots of coffee!), it’s an incredibly rewarding experience where you will be supported from start to finish. You'll leave the program empowered to create a startup from scratch, drive your business with digital or make a career switch into technology. You'll also have a network of like-minded people, friends and industry mentors; relationships you'll continue to develop beyond the classroom.
The Learning Environment
Our Toronto campus is located at King & Spadina, the heart of Toronto's tech community, steps away from some of the world's most influential technology companies including Shopify, Google, Snapchat and more. It's a learning environment unlike any other; grab your morning and afternoon coffee at our very own café, Quantum Coffee, and enjoy learning in a state-of-the-art classroom with beautiful brick and beam interiors, with access to a fully stocked kitchen, as well as a student lounge.
As a BrainStation student, you'll also have the opportunity to stick around after project time and attend a BrainStation evening event, whether it be an inspiring Panel Discussion, Block Party community social, hands-on workshop, Speaker Series or Fireside Chat. Full-time students receive learning credits to go towards evening events, and it's a great opportunity to network and mingle with the Toronto tech and startup community.
"BrainStation was the perfect platform to jumpstart my career in the tech industry. Not only was the course content helpful in acquiring this position (as I have to communicate with the dev team daily), but it taught me how to be comfortable with uncertainty. The tech industry changes everyday and we have to adapt in whatever way possible to stay afloat and thrive in this market.”
Naim, Full-time Web Development Alumni
How You'll Learn
The program combines in-person instruction with online content, delivered through BrainStation’s Learning Portal. Our hands-on learning approach engages you to ask questions, challenge yourself, and build valuable new skills through projects.
The Web Development curriculum is flexible. We are continuously making improvements so that it reflects industry standards so you’ll be learning the tools and languages that are being used in the real-world.
Become a Lifelong Learner
The principle behind BrainStation's full-time Web Development program is to equip you to be a lifelong learner. New technologies will replace old ones, but your ability to learn will help you to stay on the cutting edge.
Our Ecosystem Partners
BrainStation's Ecosystem Partners include world class digital companies like:
As a BrainStation full-time student, you'll receive ongoing support from our Educators and TAs throughout the duration of the program.
Our Support Team provides you with interview guidance and practice, as well as tips on building a stand-out resume.
Tour local companies and get connected with Hiring Managers through our employment partnership with Techvibes.
Foster connections within Canada’s technology community and gain access to networking opportunities through BrainStation's partners, evening events and panels.
Student Payment Plans
We work with our students to make our programs accessible and affordable.
We understand that every student's financial situation is unique, and we work closely with you to build a customized Student Payment Plan. Speak with our Admissions team today to learn about financing options and explore our range of scholarship opportunities.
BrainStation selects only committed individuals who will thrive in our fast-paced, collaborative program. Throughout the application process, you will be challenged to learn new concepts through self-guided assessments and critically assess your readiness through an interview with our Success Team. To begin your application, please request a Course Information Package on the course page and complete the short online application to get in touch with our Admissions team. The Course Information Package will outline next stages in applying for the program.
We recommend that all individuals begin their application process one month prior to their intended start date to ensure sufficient time to complete all stages of the admissions process, including mandatory prep assessments.
Get Course Info Package
We'll send you Educator details, course information and past student projects.
Information about yourself including education, work experience and a few short questions for us to get to know you better.
Meet the Team
You will get a chance to checkout the space and meet the team at BrainStation.
Spring - 2017
Apr 3 - Jun 9
Mon - Fri
10:00AM - 6:00PM
Summer - 2017
Jun 19 - Aug 25
Mon - Fri
10:00AM - 6:00PM
Fall - 2017
Sep 25 - Nov 24
Mon - Fri
10:00AM - 6:00PM
Winter - 2018
Jan 15 - Mar 23
Mon - Fri
10:00AM - 6:00PM
Join our Community of Creators
Receive info about courses, workshops and events in your community.