Design Toronto | A Panel Discussion On Digital Design
Thursday, May 25th @ 6:30 PM
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
460 King Street West Enter through the glass doors on Spadina
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $40 in workshop credits!
Join us on May 25th with expert design panelists as they provide insight and discussion on the multi-faceted design industry. The panel will touch on areas of UX design and UI design, as well as designing for physical/digital products. Learn more on why design is one of the most in-demand fields and sought-after skills as well as how you can get your foot in the door!
What You'll Learn
- Glimpse at the day-to-day design life of the panelists
- The fundamentals of developing design strategies
- Tips on getting into this growing industry and where to start
- Trends in design, both digital and physical
- The future of designing for digital
- Real-world examples of brands successfully applying design thinking principles
What You'll Get
- An intimate discussion with some of Toronto's most influential designers
- A BrainStation notebook and pen for note-taking purposes
- Light snacks and refreshments
What to Expect
- 6:30-6:45pm Doors Open/Network
- 6:45-7:45pm Panel Discussion
- 7:45-8:15pm Q/A from the audience
- 8:15-8:30pm Networking
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable!
Lindsay Ellerby is the Senior Design Director at Normative where she leads the team on a wide range of design projects that include research, interaction design, product innovation and strategy, and end-to-end design of software applications. Stemming from her fascination with cybernetics, she is passionate about designing for complex systems and working on unsolvable problems. Lindsay has worked in the field of design for more than a decade helping teams execute on complex projects for organizations including Rogers Communications Inc., Toronto Public Library, ConAgra, SickKids, Xerox PARC and Citibank.
Aleksandra Savic is a Director of User Experience at Klick Health, the world’s largest independent digital health agency. She leads the design of products, services, and digital standards for global healthcare clients. Her practice includes design strategy, creative workshop facilitation, user research, user testing, and interaction design. She is responsible for developing and mentoring designers, as well as evolving Klick’s design practice.
A design professional that has worked in the industry for 15 years, Aleksandra is also an active member of the User Experience community. She served as a local leader for the international IxDA organization, and also speaks at conferences on UX-related subjects.