Incognito Software Inc., a Canadian company with headquarters in Vancouver, has been providing connectivity solutions for large networks since 1992. Our software helps global communications service providers and enterprises quickly and cost-effectively deploy data, voice, and video networks using our automated IP address management, domain management, and provisioning systems.
We are seeking a self-motivated and technically competent Java Developer for a permanent role in our new office in Burlington, Ontario. Incognito Software uses an agile development process called Scrum, where all developers work in teams, and all team members participate in the design, development, maintenance and testing of both user interfaces and network service applications.
You should possess the following:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 years relevant working experience
- Strong Java 1.5 foundation
- Strong knowledge of user interface design and implementation using Swing
- Ability to write well designed and maintainable code, and to apply best practices in software development (design patterns, testing strategies, etc)
- Openness to use principles of the Agile Scrum development process, including testing, writing automated tests, continuous integration, peer reviews/programming
- Experience developing applications for Windows, Linux and Unix platforms
- Socket programming
- RDBMS experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment. Team members are required to work collaboratively to help each other solve problems and complete team tasks. Completing development cycle goals is the responsibility and mission of the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following would be beneficial:
- Experience designing and writing code in Java using CORBA API to backend services
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc)
- Knowledge and experience working with XML in Java
- Web development experience using JSP/Struts and Tomcat
- Knowledge of C++ (occasional opportunities for development in C++ may arise)
If you have the expertise to match and are looking for a career in a global progressive high tech company, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, quoting reference Techvibes0408.