While nextMEDIA’s Canadian New Media Awards aren’t until December 1st, for some companies, an even more important opportunity for recognition and exposure comes in the two days beforehand: the announcement at the nextMEDIA conference November 29th to 30th of who made the 2010 Digital Hot List.
The Hot List names the fastest-growing, most relevant digital apps and websites in three categories: Hot Video Content, Hot Online Property and Hot Technology. The goal is to give these companies some valuable exposure to investors and ad agencies.
There are two nominees for each category. They are:
Hot Video Content:
- Stitch Media, Moderation Town, www.moderationtown.com
- heavyGFILMS, Le Gourmet TV, www.heavygfilms.com/branded/case_studies.html
Hot Online Property:
- TrendHunter.com, www.trendhunter.com
- Giant Step, Gogo’s Crazy Bones, www.gogoscrazybones.com
- Ayogo, Healthseeker, http://apps.facebook.com/healthseeker/
- Filemobile, http://www.filemobile.com
“We’re thrilled to announce our six fantastic finalists for this year’s Digital Hot List,” said Mark Greenspan, nextMEDIA’s executive producer, in a press release. “nextMEDIA has been a launching pad for the hottest and newest products in the digital media industry, and the Digital Hot List exemplifies the best and brightest of these ventures.”
Past companies to make the Digital Hot List include Bitchin’ Kitchen, ChickAdvisor and X-Weighted.com — a television show going into its fifth season on the slice network.
For more information about nextMEDIA or the Hot List, click here.