Startup Festival has unveiled the seven companies who will compete onstage for the crown of “Best Onstage Pitch” at the annual event.
The startups hail from a variety of cities, including Los Angeles, Montreal, and Rochester. In no particular order, they are:
- Vimix (Waterloo) – Automates user-generated video content management.
- Ferst Digital (Montreal) – Mobile banking platform targeting small businesses.
- Comfable (Toronto) – Wearable tech that promotes health and wellness.
- Tunedly (PEI) – Enables anyone to create professional music online.
- Party on Demand (Los Angeles) – An Airbnb for party supplies.
- Quanovate (San Francisco) – Home health testing platform focused on fertility.
- The Hive (Rochester) – Manages food storage on campuses and for retailers.
Speakers at Startupfest this year include Roni Bonjack, who runs accelerator programs for Google; David Brown, a cofounder of Techstars; and Andrew Reid, CEO of VC Labs.
This year’s conference once again features the iconic Tent Village, one of the coolest components of Startupfest, according to its 4,000-plus annual attendees.