This week Indeed released what it believes are the best jobs of 2018.
Nine of the top ten jobs included are tech-related with Machine Learning Engineer, Full Stack Developer and DevOps Engineer included in the top three. The list is based on number of job postings, average salary and growth opportunity.
“With Canada’s growing tech sector, we’re continuing to see tech jobs dominate. Our top job, Machine Learning Engineer, is vital to one of Canada’s most important emerging fields – Artificial Intelligence,” said Paul D’Arcy, senior vice president at Indeed.
“With such broad applications and rapid advancements, this field is increasingly contributing to the Canadian tech jobs landscape and we expect this to continue in the years to come.”
- Machine Learning Engineer – $97,796
- Full Stack Developer – $82,711
- Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer – $98,878
- Internal Medicine Physician – $253,445
- Data Scientist – $93,286
- Operations Consultant – $73,120
- Platform Engineer – $93,322
- Product Owner – $88,287
- Salesforce Administrator – $72,244
- Senior Back End Developer – $92,244
Indeed developed this list by including jobs with a salary of at least $70,000, combined with consistent growth in share of postings from 2014-2017.
Salary estimates are based on employee and user data as well as past and present job advertisements on Indeed. The full report can be found here.