What Tools Do Web Developers Use?
The basic tools involved in web development – sometimes called the cornerstone technologies of the internet – are the following programming languages:
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
There are, however, a number of other programs used to facilitate the construction of sites that would otherwise have to be done “from scratch” by writing code. Content management systems (CMS) fall into this category, including:
- Adobe Experience Manager
Developers can also count on a variety of web development software tools, including:
- Sketch - A toolkit for digital designs
- InVision Cloud - A leading digital product design platform
- Sublime Text - A code editor for advanced website design
- Foundation - A family of front-end frameworks
- Chrome DevTools - Tools from the popular browser that facilitate web development
Back-End Developers will typically use server-side languages, including PHP, Ruby, and Python, as well as tools like MySQL, Oracle, and Git.
What Are the Fastest Growing Programming Languages?
There’s no way to predict the future, but we can look at which languages are growing fastest. One way to do this is to compare search queries—a proxy for measuring which languages people are currently learning. Here are the languages that grew the fastest in use between 2018 and 2019:
As we know, technology changes quickly, which means Developers need to be continuously learning – they have to stay on top of new languages, tools, and trends.
Kick-Start Your Web Developer Career
We offer a wide variety of programs and courses built on adaptive curriculum and led by leading industry experts.
- Work on projects in a collaborative setting
- Take advantage of our flexible plans and scholarships
- Get access to VIP events and workshops
Recommended Courses for Web Developer
The Web Development bootcamp is an intensive, hands-on learning experience, designed to introduce the skills and concepts required to build modern web applications.
The part-time Web Development course is designed to provide a crash course in web development, with introductions to HTML, CSS, and the Bootstrap framework.