Blockchain Technology | A Fireside Chat with Guy Halford - Thompson
Wednesday, October 18th @ 6:30 PM
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
455 Granville Street
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $40 in workshop credits!
Blockchain is widely considered to be a once in a generation revolutionary technology. It is poised to fundamentally change the way we use the internet. Most people know it in its original form of a cryto-currency called Bitcoin, but it has since evolved into so much more.
This widely applicable technology is set to massively impact our financial systems, our approach to personal digital identities and our governments.
If you’re curious about learning more about blockchain and its potential, join us Wednesday, October 18th for a Fireside Chat with industry expert Guy Halford-Thompson, as we discuss the future of this growing technology.
What You'll Learn:
- A brief history of blockchain
- Crypto-currencies: Bitcoin vs. Ethereum
- How blockchain will change the way companies do business
- The cybersecurity benefits of blockchain
- Challenges of Blockchain adoption & scalability
- Real-world examples of blockchain technology in action
- How blockchain technology applies to you
What You'll Get
- Intimate discussion and Q&A with one of Canada's leading bitcoin professionals
- A BrainStation notebook & pen for note-taking purposes
- Light snacks and refreshments!
Awarded BC Business' 30 under 30 award, Guy Halford-Thompson is a highly analytical and programmatic thinker who recognized early on that distributed ledger and blockchain technology is a ground-breaking innovation with the potential to transform society. A thought leader in the blockchain space, Guy is the Founder and CEO of BTL Group, the first public blockchain technology company (TSXV:BTL)