About the BrainStation SQL Reference Guide
If you’re a beginner looking to get started learning SQL, this reference guide is designed to help you master the terminology and key syntax to get started. Along with BrainStation’s free interactive SQL tutorial, this reference material should help you get a grasp on the fundamentals of the SQL language before you gain practice working hands-on with SQL.
This reference guide will provide an introduction to SQL for beginners, with an overview of key SQL syntax, concepts, and terminology.
- Introduction to SQL
Find out what you should learn to get started with SQL.
- SQL Statements
Learn more about statements, the foundational building blocks of SQL.
- What is a SQL Statement? – brainstation.io/learn/sql/what-is-a-sql-statement
- SQL SELECT – brainstation.io/learn/sql/select
- SQL SELECT DISTINCT – brainstation.io/learn/sql/select-distinct
- SQL SELECT TOP – brainstation.io/learn/sql/select-top
- SQL INSERT INTO – brainstation.io/learn/sql/insert-into
- SQL INSERT INTO SELECT – brainstation.io/learn/sql/insert-into-select
- SQL SELECT INTO – brainstation.io/learn/sql/select-into
- SQL UPDATE- brainstation.io/learn/sql/update
- SQL DELETE – brainstation.io/learn/sql/delete
- SQL Clauses
Explore how to use clauses in SQL to modify statements and change their behavior.
- SQL Clause – brainstation.io/learn/sql/clause
- SQL WHERE – brainstation.io/learn/sql/where
- SQL ORDER BY – brainstation.io/learn/sql/order-by
- SQL LIMIT – brainstation.io/learn/sql/limit
- SQL GROUP BY – brainstation.io/learn/sql/group-by
- SQL HAVING – brainstation.io/learn/sql/having
- SQL UNION – brainstation.io/learn/sql/union
Learn SQL Today
Get hands-on experience writing code with interactive tutorials in our free online learning platform.
- Free and fun
- Designed for beginners
- No downloads or setup required