Women in Tech Toronto | A Panel Discussion with Female Leaders in Digital
Tuesday, September 26th @ 6:30 PM
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
460 King Street West Enter through the glass doors off of Spadina, and check in at the front desk
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $15 in workshop credits!
The panel will be an intimate discussion with inspiring women who have paved their way to become digital leaders, sharing their advice, both personal and professional, on achieving career success. Our last panel was a sell-out event, with past panelists including female leaders from Ladies Learning Code, Uber, Hootsuite, Slack, Microsoft and more!
We recommend attendees come early to network prior to the discussion. Instagram and Tweet your questions using the hashtag #BrainStation, we will have a live board running throughout the event to monitor these as they come in!
We'll be closing with a Q&A session, giving you the opportunity to ask our panelists questions on leadership, empowerment, breaking stereotypes and much more. This is also a great place to network with other like-minded creatives and innovators and celebratewomenleading in technology.
Topics of Discussion
- How to get started in tech
- Achieving work-life balance
- Leading digital teams
- Breaking stereotypes
- How to encourage young women to make their mark in tech
- How to encourage companies to promote gender equality
- Be sure to come armed with your own set of questions to engage with our panelists!
What You'll Get
- An intimate discussion with female leaders in tech
- Inspiration on how to make your mark in tech and empower others to do the same
- A BrainStation notebook & pen for notetaking purposes
- Snacks and refreshments
What to Expect
- 6:30-7:00pm Doors Open & Networking
- 7:00-8:00pm Panel Discussion
- 8:00-8:15pm Q&A
- 8:15-8:30pm Event wraps up
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Arati Sharma is the Director of Marketing, at Shopify, a leading commerce company empowering over 400,000 merchants to sell anything, to anyone, anywhere. In her role, she leads product marketing, sponsorships, event marketing and community development. One of Arati’s legacy initiatives is leading the strategy, content, and development of Unite, Shopify’s inaugural partner and developer conference which generates over 23M global impressions. Previously, Arati led operations and strategic programming for Jet Cooper, a design agency acquired by Shopify in 2013.
When she’s not hustling, you can find Arati making home-cooked meals in her downtown Toronto condo, chatting with Shopify merchants in the wild, and listening to Drake.