Resume Building 101
Wednesday, August 16th @ 6:30 PM
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
460 King Street West Enter through the glass doors on Spadina.
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $40 in workshop credits!
If this is the year you decided to find a new job or change industries altogether then we have a two-part workshop that will help you conquer your next job search.
Join us August 16th for the first session, catered to those looking to create an effective resume and cover letter. Be prepared to go through each section of a resume and how to format it so it is clear and concise.
The second workshop, hosted on August 23rd, will be focused on networking and interview prep to help you land your dream job. Topics will include how to use social media in your next job hunt, how to create a compelling LinkedIn profile, and how to nail your next interview.
Bring all you job specific questions to both workshops and be prepared to walk away feeling confident and prepared to tackle your next job search!
Resume Building 101 | What You'll Learn
- The 4 major elements to focus on when creating/updating your resume
- Step-by-step instructions on updating your resume (skills, education, employment experience, volunteer experience, interests)
- Customizing your resume
- A great example of a cover letter
- Discussion around a traditional vs. creative resume and what works
- How to avoid your resume falling into the online black hole
What You'll Get
- A fool-proof cover letter template
- Opportunity to ask all of your specific resume related questions
- BrainStation notebook and pen for notetaking purposes
- Light snacks and refreshments
What to Bring
Please bring a fully charged laptop
A copy of your most recent resume (if you have one)
A list of all of your experiences and achievements jotted down
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Stephanie has worked in the finance industry for over 10 years, most recently as an equity trader for one of the biggest banks in Canada. She completed both a Bachelor and a Masters Degree in Economics, which gave her a deep understanding of the dynamic labour market and how it influences a chosen career path. She understands the process of getting hired in an ultra competitive market, knows firsthand what separates good from great candidates and has successfully practiced all of the tried and true techniques that allows her to lead anyone through the modern job market.