Networking and Interview Prep for the Modern Job Search
Wednesday, August 23rd @ 6:30 PM
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
460 King Street West Enter through the glass doors on Spadina.
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $15 in workshop credits!
If this is the year you decided to find a new job or change industries altogether then we have a two-part workshop that will help you conquer your next job search. Our first session, Resume Building 101 is happening August 16th, which you can RSVP to here.
- Why networking helps you land an interview
- How to use social media in the job search
- How to create an effective LinkedIn Profile and how to use it to network
- How to prepare for an interview
- When and how to follow up
- 15 favourite interview questions and how to answer them
What You'll Get
- Opportunity to ask all of your specific networking and interview related questions
- BrainStation notebook and pen for notetaking purposes
- Light snacks and refreshments
What to Bring
Please bring a fully charged laptop
A copy of your most recent resume (if you have one)
A list of all of your experiences and achievements jotted down
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Stephanie has worked in the finance industry for over 10 years, most recently as an equity trader for one of the biggest banks in Canada. She completed both a Bachelor and a Masters Degree in Economics, which gave her a deep understanding of the dynamic labour market and how it influences a chosen career path. She understands the process of getting hired in an ultra competitive market, knows firsthand what separates good from great candidates and has successfully practiced all of the tried and true techniques that allows her to lead anyone through the modern job market.